There are many similarities between the WhatsApp Business App and WhatsApp Messenger App. The Business App has a few extra features, making it useful for customer communications. The features of WhatsApp Business App are free. Only if you’d like to access WhatsApp Business Premium, you’d have to pay.
Similarities with the WhatsApp Messenger App
- It supports one-to-one communication.
- You can do group chats on it.
- It supports exchanging texts, images, videos, audio files, gifs, documents (PDF and Word), contact cards, locations, and voice messages.
- You can start and receive voice calls and video calls on it. (If your customer is using a very old version of WhatsApp Messenger on their phone, messages or calls won’t go through.)
- You can create a WhatsApp status for customers to see.
- You can see customers’ last seen and whether they’ve read your message if they’ve enabled them.
- Customers can see your name, profile photo, and phone number.
- The chat interface looks similar to the WhatsApp Messenger App.
- You may access it via WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop from your PC.
- You may broadcast messages to up to 256 people. They’ll receive your message only if they have your number saved on their phones.
The Other Features of the WhatsApp Business App
- Business Profile — You can add your business name, business description, industry, location, working hours, email address, and website to it. Customers can see that they’re talking to a business.
- Product Catalog — On your profile, you can create a product/service catalog with the descriptions, prices, and features of your products and services.
- Connect Your Account to Your Facebook and Instagram — By connecting them, customers can see on your Facebook page that they can contact you via WhatsApp. You could also run ads on Facebook and Instagram with click-to-WhatsApp buttons. Once leads click on the button, their WhatsApp Messenger app opens and they can chat with you.
- Quick Replies — If there are any messages that you frequently send to customers, you can save them. Every time that you need them, you can easily retrieve them, make changes to them if necessary and send them.
- Automatic Greeting and Away Messages — You can automate sending welcome messages to customers when they message you or away messages when they message you outside your working hours.
- Labels — You can label each customer conversation, for example, “loyal customer”, to keep your inbox organized.
- Link Multiple Devices — Use WhatsApp Business on Web, Desktop, and other devices by linking them to your phone. You can link up to four web-based devices and one phone at a time. However, if you want to connect more devices (up to 10), you must subscribe to WhatsApp Business Premium.