Is this guide for me?
If you know the value of and want WhatsApp Business Platform/API for your business but the information out there is overwhelming, this is for you.
What do I need to use WhatsApp Business Platform/API?
In this order:
- A WhatsApp Business Platform/API account
- A platform like Rasayel. Watch: What is Rasayel? (2 min video)
- (Optional but recommended) A verified Meta Business Manager account (WhatsApp is owned by Facebook/Meta)
How do I get a WhatsApp Business Platform/API account?
You can get a WhatsApp Cloud API account directly from Meta.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A clean phone number (It can be mobile or landline)
- A credit card for payment
- (Optional but recommended) A verified Facebook Business Manager account. How do I verify my account?
How long does it take?
It takes about 15-30 minutes to create a WhatsApp Business Platform/API account.
Please account for unexpected set-up issues, as those can take days to resolve.
If you want limitless access to WhatsApp messaging, you’ll need a verified Facebook Business Manager. That can can take anywhere from 1 week to 1 month, depending on how well you follow the verification guidelines and how long it takes Meta to verify your account.
Connecting your WhatsApp account to Rasayel takes only 3 minutes. You can then take your time to configure the platform to fit your needs. This can take anywhere from 20 minutes up to a few hours, depending on how quick you are 😉
How much does it cost?
You’ll be paying for two things:
- Rasayel as a platform. This will cost you anywhere from $200 to a few thousand dollars per month, depending on the size of your company and your exact needs.
- WhatsApp conversation fees. Meta charges you for talking to customers. This will either be paid to 360dialog or to Meta, depending on who you create your account with. 360dialog will charge you an extra $15/month on top of WhatsApp’s conversation fees.
What are WhatsApp conversation fees?
WhatsApp gives you 1000 free inbound conversations per month. All outbound conversations are charged depending on their type.
One conversation is any period of 24 hours (1 day). The number of messages sent or received during each conversation is unlimited and not charged.
For example, if you send me a message and we speak for 24 hours, I will be charged for 1 conversation. If we speak for 2 days, I will be charged for 2 conversations.
Each country has a fixed rate. Here are some:
United Arab Emirates
Rest of Middle East
What are WhatsApp Business Platform’s limitations?
- No WhatsApp groups
- No voice calls or video calls (voice notes and media files are fine)
- 24-hour customer service window for freeform messages. Outside this window, message templates are required.
Why do I need Rasayel?
WhatsApp Business Platform/API doesn’t come with an app or an interface. You need a platform like Rasayel to make use of it, and to do everything you see in this video.
Are the WhatsApp conversation fees based on my location or my customer’s location?
Conversation fees are based on the phone number you’re sending a message to. If you are in Egypt and your customer is in Jordan, you will be charged the fee for Jordan.
Why are there fees for Marketing, Utility, Authentication, and Service?
A conversation is classified by the type of message that begins it.
Notice that Utility, Authentication, and Service conversations have nearly the same cost, whereas Marketing conversations are more expensive.
You can simplify the pricing for yourself by thinking of them as Marketing and Non-Marketing conversation fees.
OK, what is a Marketing conversation?
A Marketing conversation is any conversation that begins with a promotional template message, usually part of an outbound marketing campaign.
I’m still confused/I have more questions. Can you help me?
YES! We offer free consultations to walk you through everything. You’ll be in good hands.