How do 5 brands use WhatsApp for selling?
October 7, 2022
Table of contents
In a world where technology is constantly advancing, it’s no surprise that some of the most popular brands are using WhatsApp to sell their products. From home goods to fashion, companies across the world are reaping the benefits of billions of potential customers having easy access to their products through the people’s favorite messaging app.
WhatsApp Business provides an easy way for customers to access a company’s products. The app allows businesses to integrate a catalog into their WhatsApp profile, and communicate directly with potential and current customers. This marketing strategy can be used to sell products, promote sales, and general customer support management. Countless success stories are confirming this.
Selling on WhatsApp
Today, more than two billion people worldwide use WhatsApp, and there are over 50 million brands active on the business version of the app. Although WhatsApp is a widely used messaging app, an increasing number of companies use WhatsApp Business as a deal-closing medium.
Messages sent on WhatsApp have an open rate of 98% and a response rate significantly higher than email, making it one of the most efficient marketing tools for businesses.
Companies that want to elevate their communications to a whole new level, use WhatsApp Business API, which allows them to migrate their business to customer communication platforms, such as Rasayel.
Working on a platform specifically designed for WhatsApp Business enables companies to:
- Automate their conversations by deploying chatbots and creating rules,
- Increase their sales by running ad campaigns,
- Send bulk messages,
- Monitor the number of conversations and closing times,
- Connect the WhatsApp Business account to their omnichannel customer support inboxes,
- Use shared Team Inbox,
- Build contact lists based on customers’ interests,
- Send newsletters, etc.
How to be successful on WhatsApp
As we spend more time chatting, browsing, and purchasing online, digital marketing is becoming more vital than ever. Marketers use WhatsApp for their digital marketing initiatives which can significantly increase their profits.
More than 100 billion messages are exchanged on WhatsApp every day. Some companies have identified the best methods that work for their audiences and repeatedly demonstrate their ability to create income, particularly among millennial and generation Z audiences.
Here’s a list of useful advice to help you increase your sales and improve customer relations:
We all have a favorite snack bar, a grocery store, or a bar. Our appreciation is rarely tied to the lowest prices or the best products they offer. We go to that particular snack bar because the cook prepares our sandwich just the way we like it, the clerk at the grocery store always keeps the freshest fruits just for us, and we always end up at the same bar because we are friends with the bartender.
Your financial performance is closely related to the relationship you have with your consumers. Retaining quality, long-term clients and fostering great customer relationships will increase revenue through repeat business.
Using WhatsApp the way we use email goes against the very nature of the app. Keep in mind, it’s called WhatsApp for a reason. Customers expect your business to respond to their messages, the way their friends do on WhatsApp.
Use all the right tools
If you are just starting and you are alone or have only a few employees, the WhatsApp Business app probably works fine for you. However, the app has some limitations. The most significant one is that only five users can access the WhatsApp Business app from one account, and once the messages from customers ramp up, you’ll find it difficult, if not impossible to respond to all of them.
Fortunately, there is a solution to this. You can manage WhatsApp Business conversations with your team using the WhatsApp Business API. It’s important to note that API doesn’t come with its own user interface, so you’ll need a customer communication platform like Rasayel to unlock all the possibilities WhatsApp has to offer.
You can save tons of time by using the right automation to provide your customers with the personalized care and attention they desire. Here are a few possibilities:
- Quick replies: quickly handle frequently asked questions, and use message templates.
- Auto-replies: Set up an auto-reply to ensure that your customers receive a prompt response even if you are unavailable or just unable to respond quickly.
- Chatbots: Set up A WhatsApp chatbot to help you answer questions, direct clients to the appropriate agent, and even collect leads.
Five brands using WhatsApp the right way
Need inspiration? These brands have gone the extra mile to boost their profits, retain customers and build their brand image with WhatsApp.
1. Estée Lauder was the first large cosmetics company to give customers customized skincare advice via WhatsApp. In 2020, at the height of the COVID-19 epidemic, Liv, an AI chatbot, was created to take the role of the in-person consultations that clients had in department stores in the past. Customers were able to learn how to use the brand’s products through these online discussions, and they can get advice on how to maintain an efficient skincare routine.
Estée Lauder x Google Home: Ask Liv || Skincare Regimen
2. Swedish spirits company Absolut Vodka used WhatsApp to promote a live product launch event in Argentina. Customers were urged to message a chatbot doorman named Sven to persuade “him” that they deserved one of the two tickets that were still available. Over the course of three days, this campaign generated more than 1,000 messages from 600 people.
Absolut Unique Access - English
3. Hellman’s Mayonnaise assisted customers in preparing a meal. The concept was simple: open their website and enter your phone number. An online chef contacts you via WhatsApp and gives you cooking lessons depending on the ingredients you have in your refrigerator. The clever part of the campaign was that it encouraged consumers to use Hellman’s mayo in novel ways while also capitalizing on the one-on-one feel of WhatsApp to foster brand loyalty.
13K signups and a 99.5% approval rating speak for themselves in terms of the results. After the success of the campaign in Brazil, where WhatsApp is the largest social media and communications platform, it was quickly introduced in Chile, Uruguay, and Argentina.
WhatsCook. The first live recipe service via WhatsApp.
4. Tafel Lager, a beloved Namibian beer, wanted to support the nation’s Independence Day by using a creative campaign strategy that would be entertaining, interactive, and able to increase consumer engagement. To meet the challenge, the ad agency Techsys Digital created a WhatsApp line through which users could post their own recordings of their beats or movements and enter to win Tafel Lager cases and airtime every week.
The WhatsApp line was a huge success with over 8,000 entries over the two-week campaign, boosting national pride and rewarding customers in a lighthearted manner. The video submissions were so potent they blended them to show the “Beats of Namibia,” which artistically represented the spirit and inclusiveness of Namibia’s Independence Day.
THE BEAT OF NAMIBIA – Made by You
5. Although ADAC, an automobile club in Germany that provides roadside assistance to its members, had 20 million loyal clients, younger audiences couldn’t relate to them as well as older ones did. They wanted to stay relevant to the audience that did not own a car yet, so they started their first digital campaign on WhatsApp.
ADAC launched a WhatsApp ad campaign called “Don’t call mom—call ADAC.” The idea was to open a hotline for young people and invite them to contact ADAC with ANY queries. Literally, any question, especially those they shouldn’t or can’t trouble their parents with.
The users asked for advice on topics like how to handle heartache or how to take care of a pet cat.
20 ADAC experts played the role of the “mom” who answered all of the WhatsApp messages for 14 hours each day. Influencers were also invited to respond to WhatsApp messages, which further increased awareness of the campaign, prompting 140,000 messages from users on WhatsApp.
ADAC | DON’T CALL MOM - CASEFILM [RCKT]
Whether you sell cars or hand-made bags, WhatsApp can elevate your business to an entirely different level in terms of revenue, brand image, and customer loyalty. You don’t have to be a giant enterprise to leverage the advantages of WhatsApp. Sometimes, you just need a good idea and a reliable partner to execute it.
Try Rasayel for free and maybe we’ll feature your success story in one of our future articles.